Angola is located in south-central Africa and is known formally as the Republic of Angola. It is surrounded by Democratic Republic of Congo to the north, Zambia to the east, and Namibia on the south. The Atlantic Ocean sits on its west coast. Once of its provinces, Cabinda, borders the Republic of Congo as well as the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
Here you have some facts that you maybe don't know about this beautiful Country:
1. Meaning of Country's name: A fabric made from the wool of the Angola goat.
2. Flag description: Two equal horizontal bands of red (top) and black with a centered yellow emblem consisting of a five-pointed star within half a cogwheel crossed by a machete (in the style of a hammer and sickle); red represents liberty, black the African continent, the symbols characterize workers and peasants.
3. Capital: Luanda
4. Largest Cities: Luanda, Huambo
5. Population: 19,088,106 (est. 2014)
6. Type of Government: Republic
7. Languages Spoken: Portuguese (official), and Bantu languages (40%)
8. Religions Practiced: Roman Catholic (40%), Protestant (15%), and indigenous beliefs (45%)
9. Money Currency: Kwanza
10. Internet Country Code: .ao
Check our site / Visite o nosso site: